KRELL KAV250CD vs ROTEL 991CD

CONSIDERING UPGRADE TO KRELL. HAVE FOUND KRELL 250 SUPERIOR IN ALL RESPECTS. COMMENTS PLEASE? ANYONE HEARD THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KRELLS 250 AND 300 CD PLAYER?
snowok

Showing 1 response by tbonephile

I've owned both. There is no comparsion. The KAV250 is by far better. As long as you have the equipment to hear it. I used to have a pair of Nautilus 804s. Couldn't really hear that much of a differance because, while the 804s are good they are far from the last word in resolution. I sold them and got a $2300 pair of Martin Logan Aerius i and the differance is like night and day. The difference is that you can hear more of an atmosphere on the recording. Like hearing more air for a lack of better description. I've been hard pressed to find a better cd player for under $4000. Unfortunely I just sold my KAV250 for $1380. Dumb mistake. And now I'm having trouble finding something better out there. However Krell is going to release the KAV250 Series two any week now. And its a replacement for both the orignal KAV250 and the KAV300. It will be prices inbetween the two at $3250. And it should prove to be fabulous. Right now I'm saving for a Spectral SDR-3000 Tranport and SDR-2000 DA. That is the best digital front end you can buy. Its not cheap thought for almost $18,000 for the pair. *sighs*