Krell kav-300cd transport problem

I have a Krell kav-300cd. Yesterday the door on the transport wouldn't open. A few clicking noises, but no movement. I removed the top cover to do a visual check. No signs of any issues, the clicking noise I assume to be some gear or cog in there trying to engage. Many of the parts on the transport say Teac.

Has anyone any experience with this issue? Could I be lucky and there is a replacement available at a reasonable price? Looks like it shouldn't be very difficult to install? Is this really a Teac transport? I'm in Seattle. The unit was purchased new from Magnolia, in the heady days before Best Buy. I called them, but they offer no service and directed me to Krell. I called Krell but no return call yet. I talked to Steve at The Service Department, who worked for Krell for quite sometime and he quoted me $90 for the part and 3+ hours labor at $80/hr and an 8 - 10 week turn time. I have no reason to doubt his veracity. I am not a certified technician, but I must be missing something that requires 3+ hours of labor to do this job. This is my first post. I looked through all the past threads on the KAV 300 before writing this but couldn't anything to help. I would appreciate any info you might have.
wingapenw

Showing 1 response by knghifi