Krell KAV 250 vs. Proceed HPA-2

Trying to discern which amp would be better for my Aerial 7B speakers, cannot listen side to side, anyone listen to both and have a preference?
Thanks- Gregory
gregoryp
Neither, really IMHO there are just too many better amps out there. Try a Jeff Rowland or McCormack amp. Even Classe, Pass, Plinius, BAT or an older Threshold would do a better job. The Krell Master series is good, but their KAV series is too bright for my taste. The same can be said for the Proceed or ML amps (although the older ML amps weren't quite so forward sounding). Nice speakers though Gregory, they deserve better. Of course that's just my opinion.

Regards,
John
I have compared the two and concluded the HPA-2 was more refined and communicated the nuances of the musical details more effectively. Don't get me wrong, I liked the KAV 250. I liked the sense of authority it gave to the music and, of course, the bass. (I own a krell fpb, so I'm not a Krell basher). But, if I had to choose between the those two, I'd go with the Proceed.
I am using a HPA-2 with my 8b's and really enjoy the sound. I compared them to the Bryston, Krell, and Sherbourne. The Proceeds were more pleasing to my ears.