Krell iBias or Mark Levinson 533/535H series amplifiers with Aerial Acoustics Speakers?

I have been trying to read up as much as i can on both of these amplifier lines but it doesn't seem there are many who have heard them both.  I am currently powering Aerial Acoustics 7B and CC3B speakers ( hopefully upgrading to 7T speakers) and i was wondering what the synergy would be between these two amp lines.  Krell has the Chorus 5200 and 7200 and Levinson has the 535H.  There are also the 532H and 533H -vs- the Krell Duo 300i that can be considered as well.  

My system is primarily for HT with music listening as a secondary priority, but i still want it to blossom when i am just running the towers and enjoying my tunes.  What are your thoughts?  Thanks in advance!!

jwincville

Showing 6 responses by jwincville

I really want to find a ML 533H or 535H but i can't locate one... I think the Aerial will need the current of the 533H over the 535H, but I am not sure...  We always want more power!!  lol
@jdlynch 

Did you feel like you lost ANYTHING when switching to the ATI from the HPA's?  Midrange? Bass Slam?  Anything?

Note:  I am also looking at a Theta Dreadnaught II that is for sale right now too...  ;)

As I plan to eventually upgrade to the 7T Aerials, I want something that is compatible with both what i have now, and still transparent enough for the newer 7T's...
@Ok.  Did you feel like you lost anything when you went from the Datasat amps to the ATI?  I just want good, clean (but musical and not dry) power!!
Ok.  Do you think the new Krell Chorus line would be a good fit?  There is a Krell 7200 for sale on here and i am very curious about it, but not sure how it will mate up with the Aerials...
Ok...  Then maybe i should wait to upgrade my amp until after i upgrade the speaker...  I am just really curious if there will be a noticeable difference between say a Theta Dreadaught, Mark Levinson 535H, Krell Chorus 5200, ATI signature or class D amps....

I will also be using an Anthem AVM60 as my front end on this.