Krell FPB750MCX versus Pass X160.5 or X600.5

Yesterday I heard a Pass X250.5 amplifier at a friends house. I love the smooth liquid sound of this amplifier. He was using the B&W Nautilus 802D. However I felt the bass could be a little bit more controlled.

So now I am doubting how the Pass amps would match in my system. Now I play with Wilson Maxx and Krell FPB750MCX mono blocks. I found the more power, the better the amp sounds. I also have a Krell FPB400CX but the 750's sound much better.

Should I go for the XA160.5 or for the 600.5. Everybody has a diferent opinion. I love the smooth Pass sound but I think the 600.5 might be more dynamic and have better bass control.

How do the Krell and Pass amps compare. Any opinions are welcome.
krellfan2002

Showing 1 response by krellfan2002

Well I finally bought the Pass X600 and compared them to my Krell FPB750MCX. To my opinion they were more musical and sounded better and warmer.

Since the Pass sounded so good I sold both the FPB750MCX and the Pass X600 and bought the X600.5.

Now they are just playing in and I love the sound. They are musical and rich sounding. However I can not realy say they are much better than the X600. I sold the X600 before I bought the X600.5 and the 600.5 is new and is playing in now. I have the feeling they are more smooth sounding but the difference is not that big yet.

Peter