Krell FPB Owner want to try Tube Amp or Integrated

I have a Krell FPB-300 and it seems where ever I go everyone is saying that this product is edgy and is a bright Amp, ( I think I need to compare )
I would like to audition a reasonable priced integraded or Tube-Amp, should be priced at the bottom of the top of the line Tube-Amps.

I know there is hundred of them, I'm looking for the best value for the $$$ with a Class A performance.

Can be european or north american

Your thoughts
Thank you
proy
Many different types of tube amps are available, many audiophile like single ended amps. These are most commonly lower powered amps 8-20 watts, these amps can really work well with efficeint speakers and bring wonderful midrange as well as low level information to light. Push pull designs will typically have more power and work well with less efficient speakers, but do not always have the detail of small set amps. I personally have a push pull design amp, I purchased it because it can drive most speakers. types of amps to consider would be Set, OTL, push pull designs as well as others. I own a Atma sphere amp, it is a OTL design, to me this amp sounds very neutral and gives a great sound stage, this amp works best with efficient speakers 8 ohms or greater. Possibly you can just borrow someone's amp who lives near you this would surely be the least expensive AB comparison.
Don't do it All Tube Pre amps will pass DC to safely use a tube pre you must engage some internal caps. As far as Krell amps being edgy or bright my findings are just the opposite. I am on my 3rd. Krell. How about getting rid of the pre completely. try using a cd player with a volume control I am running my Wadia 861 direct and could not be happier.
I had a Krell KAV250---traded it for a Krell 200C and thought it was fantastic untill I auditioned a Music Reference RM-200. I wasted no time and sold my krell 200C and my KRC-3 and purchased the Music Reference RM-200 and a BAT VK50SE. I have purchased other tube amps since then, but they have all been tube amps(still own the RM-200). IMHO once you go tubes there is no looking back. The sound is warm and very, very real. Tubes pull out the emotion in the music that I am not sure any solid state piece ever could. Sure you have to let them warm up---you may have to adjust them every once and awhile,and some give off major heat( which can be good in the winter) but I think you will find all that well worth your while in the type of music reproduction you get back! And then we go back to the issue of what other components are in the system. It's like a work in progress--untill you get all the right pieces it may not be perfect. But thats why we are here hanging out on Audiogon instead of doing something else! Just one persons take on the matter---Good luck and enjoy the ride!