Krell FPB 600 or 400cx?

I own Revel Ultima Salon 2s and am looking to upgrade my amp for better performance in the low end. Right now I'm just not getting any real punch or slam in the bass dept, and I know the Salons are capable of much more. I have the opportunity to go with a fpb 600 or the 400cx for around the same price. Any thoughts? Is the extra 200 watts of power on the 600 worth losing any sonic benefits of cx? Or is the cx so superior sonically that there's no comparison?

Thanks.

Josh
punishen1

Showing 1 response by booboobaer

I had the FPB600 stereo amp and I drove the Magnepan 20.1 speakers with ease. Then is bought the Sound Lab Millemium one electrostatic speakers and it drove them with ease! Never any issues. Sounded spectacular. I have since then bought the Krell 650m mono blocks and wow, what can I say. If there ever was a dependable amp the FPB series is the ticket. The only thing to beware of is DO NOT plug these amps into ANY power conditioners and don't enclose them in a cabinet. Give them plenty of air and proper wall outlet amp rating. If you do this then you will get a long life from Krells.