Krell Evo vs Evo-enhance

Hello

I am considering between krell evo402 and 402e; beside evo400 and evo400e mono blocks. I have not audited them so not sure which are the most significant differences. are the new E amps better than the older evo ones?

In addition, how do you compare the above krell evo with pass labs xa 100.5 or goldmund telos 200 or Perreaux 750 or dartzeel nhb108 mondel 1 power amp?

Many thanks
sonrock
Mert,
We all have our own set of variables and priorities ... I'm SINCERELY impress with your efforts and I bet you are rewarded with great sound. Last year I replaced my outlets with Maestro outlets and could not believe the improvements so only could imagine your improvements.

I built my house ~10 years ago and was the GC (VERY BIG mistake). In hindsight, I should of spend more time designing the electrical for my sound system. Priorities priorities ... probably redo in the near future.
I UPGRADED FROM EVO 600 TO 600E, ALSO HAVE 400E AND 302E FOR HOME THEATER. I HAVE HAD MANY KRELL AMPS/PRODUCTS OVER THE YEARS. THE UPGRADE TO 'E' VERSION IS WORTJWHILE. THERE IS A MAJOR REDUCTION IN ELCTRICITY AND HEAT GENERATION IN STANDBY MODE. SOUND IMPROVEMENT IS SUBTLE. I UPGRADED FROM STEREO KRELL AMPS TO MONOBLOCKS SEVERAL YEARS AGO. I NOTICED AN IMMEDIATE, OBVIOUS, HUGE IMPROVEMENT WITH THE MONOBLOCKS IN EVERY RESPECT. BETTER INSTRUMENT SEPERATION, MUSIC EMERGES FROM BLACK SILENT BACKGROUND, BETTER BASS, FASTER, MORE MUSICAL, BETTER LOW LEVEL DETAIL, BETTER 3D SOUNDSTAGING. A-B COMPARISON WAS NOT NECESSARY, THE IMPROVEMENT WAS OBVIOUS. I WOULD UPGRADE TO THE 'E' VERSION AND WOULD ALSO USE MONOBLOCKS IF THEY ARE IN YOUR PRICE RANGE. BASED ON MY PAST EXPERIENCE WITH KRELL AMPS, I THINK GOING TO THE 'E' VERSION MONOBLOCKS FROM THE STEREO 'E' VERSION WILL PROVIDE A GREATER IMPROVEMENT THAN GOING FROM THE PRIOR GENERATION EVO TO THE EVO 'E' VERSION. ALL OF THESE PRODUCTS ARE ABSOLUTELY SUPERB. YOU REALLY NEED TO LISTEN TO THESE PRODUCTS TO DETERMINE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU CAN DETECT A DIFFERENCE AND THEN YOU CAN DECIDE IF THE IMPROVED PERFORMANCE IS WORTH THE ADDITIONAL MONEY. I LOVE MY KRELL AMPS AND KRELL EVO 707 PROCESSOR. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL, BUILT LIKE TANKS AND PERFORM BEAUTIFULLY.
I have the 400 s , as far as i read its more about reducing standby power consumption
I would also add levinson amps ,400 serie for example which i had before also good stuff
I must say I am pretty sceptical about the green stand-by, which reportedly "consumes only 2W".

2W per hour is that minor, so only reasonable explanation might be that the green diode itself consumes the whole 2W. That means that during "green stand-by" all major power supply circuits are essentialy fully disconnected yet, out of current, so that a real warming-up of amp actually does not occur. Real warming-up, of course, occurs during so-called "high current stand by" (red diode), which consumes some normal 150-450W per hour, depending on Evo-e model. However, this normal red-diode-indicated stand-by is being already known from the original Evo (not "e") series.

What does it means? Well... Ask Krell's marketing department...

BTW, I am happy Evo-400 (not "e") owner. Would be perhaps a bit more happy if own a pair of new Evo-400e, not because of the green stand-by but because of other improvements (reportedly slightly upgraded power supply, increased filter capacity etc).
thanks gent for all of your inputs. I have moved house and already had internet last saturday.

now I am thinking to go for Krell Evo402 (can be upgraded to e in the future?) or Gryphon Encore or Perreaux Prisma 750 or Linn Klimax Solo 500.

could any one of you please compare them each with the krell 402/e for me?