Krell Evo 302 or Burmester 956 mk2

I am using Krell amp with Burmester 011 preamp and 001 cd player. I wonder if the amp from Burmester would be a better match than the Krell. However, have no chance to try Burmester or compare it in any way. Would appreciate to hear an opinion from someone who has actually heard or compared both amps. Thank you
Alex
alexatpos

Showing 2 responses by alexatpos

The speakers are Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage. Krell and Sf are combination often used, but I guess that Burmester would not be a missmatch either. Like I wrote, I am more concern aboutt Krell amp and Burmester pre amp combination. So, again, any information from someone who has heard both amps or compared them would be greatly appreciated
Thank you for your thoughts.I have found a 956 mk2 amp, and brought it home, so I had few months to compare both amps. The preamps were 011 and 877 mk2 xlr,both Burmester.I would like that I have had an Arc preamp to test it with Krell, because this way the synergy of components is probably on Burmester side.However, with my speakers , and with music that I listen, 50's and 60's jazz I have come to this conclusion.Imho Krell Evo 302 is much better amp in terms of bringing the actual feeling of presence of the recording, the performers are actualy in the room, you are not seated in the 3rd or 5th row, they are there, and you feel like the stage is right in front of you. That feeling however comes with a price, if the recording is less than good,you will cetainly hear it, and that can be an issue on longer run. Like I said, I had no chance to try Krell with tube preamp, maybe than the things would be different. On the other side, the Burmester is realy refined amp, no fatigue, and maybe better for listening of music that I have mentioned, everything is there, resolving almost to that last partical but never unpleasant. Certainly not bright, warm in comparasion to the Krell. Finally, an amp should be observed in combination with speakers, and I think that now I can say that anyone who has Sf Guarneri should try them once with the Krell, and than after decide whats best for him. For the present moment I have chosen Burmester,but if I had to say which is better amp per se, and without the context of my personal situation, Krell Evo 302 is a clear winner.