Krell amp upgrade question

A little background: I used to drive a full B&W Matrix home theatre system (801s2, 804s1, 805, center HTM) with a combo of Krell KAV 250a x2, and 250a/3 amps. I was very happy with the sound for both stereo and HT, and only had a ground loop issue with the front mains - thought due to long XLR runs (>15ft) and solved with "isolating" XLR plug adapters.
Fast forward to today: I just picked up a gorgeous pair of B&W N800 to replace my Matrix set. I was planning on bridging each 250a as pseudo-monoblocks but then need to decide how to run the rest of the HT. I still need to successfully drive a B&W N HTM-1 center, but the surrounds have become in-ceiling or B&W WP-1.

Options:
- acquire another KAV 250a (very difficult to source)
- bridge 2 channels of the 250a/3 for Center, and acquire another 250a/3 (also difficult to source)
- sell the 250a/3 and replace with a Krell Showcase 5/ other "newer" but less powerful Krell multi-channel amp

Of note: the 250a/3 I currently have may need service as I am noticing crackling during playback - although this may be from source material, and the ground loop is still present - although will most likely be minimally noticed in surround speakers/ can be eliminated with the isolating XLR plug adapters.

It is NOT an option to scrap everything and buy all new amps!
Appreciate thoughtful comments.
doctock993

Showing 2 responses by doctock993

I'm currently using 2 of the 3 channels of the 250a/3 to run the N800s. I'm noticing that the N800 love to suck up power and as I have the 250a that I can easily bridge, I was thinking they could happily power them. Then all I would need to do would be find a way to amp the HT side of things.

Why is the KSA 250a/3 "definitely better than the Showcase"?
Per Krell awesome Tech support this morning: "No issue driving < 8 ohm when 250a is bridged."