Krell 400xi or Musical Fidelity A5 for ML Summit?

I had been using a Krell 400xi with my Summits, but the top end bothered me. I have a chance to get the MF A5 as pretty much an even-up swap? Should I pull the trigger? I have an MF A5 CD player.
t_s_monk

Showing 2 responses by nrchy

I have owned a number of Krell pieces, and while not owning the 400xi, I have heard it. Go for the Musical Fidelity. I'm generally not a fan of their gear, but this time it's better than the Krell. The Krell top end on some of their cheap gear was a little harsh, or as Albert Porter once said "it makes my %$#@ ears bleed..."

Joeyboynj either your post is stupid, or your are stupid. You decide... I have owned more and better Krell gear than you have and I have not bashed it. Read the reviews I wrote of several pieces.

Krell makes some great gear, but the 400xi is not a good piece. I don't know what Mr D was thinking when they decided this was good enough for the market. Maybe they figured that if people want HT gear they don't care about sound quality.

You are entitled to your opinion, but don't delude yourself into thinking that the 400 is good, or that you know what I have owned or heard...

Bring on your flame thrower!!!

:o