Krell 400Xi integrated amplifier

Category: Amplifiers

I've owned the best of ARC, Levinson, BAT, Krell, Wilson, B&W, Martin Logan, Magnepan, CJ etc...plus all the cables you can imagine (one rig was over $20k just for cables)...Ouch ~!!! Anyway, all the best recordings of classical, jazz, pop etc.. Recent events have put me in temporary quarters of the smallish variety so...I put together a small system to complement my high end tastes while in an average room. The Krell is the heart, the Totem Forests are the soul and a Sony DVP-NS999ES player does the front end duties! Cabling wound up being Monster M2.4 and M1000i's with a Harmtech AC-11 on the Sony and a Stock Krell power cord...it sounded the best!! I feel as though I have given nothing up..in fact I feel more connected to the music on so many levels that it blows me away!! Time in this game has shown me to follow your ears and not the reviewer..what a pack of sh-t they spew out on a monthly basis..practically useless!! Anyone interested in High end audio would be transported directly there for the $8000 I spent on the rig..it sacrifices nothing in the appropriate size room! It connects with the soul like few other systems at any price can...IMHO!!!
128x128dave_b

Showing 1 response by jjmali

You forgot to mention the MC-501's you owned. You sure have owned alot of very high end amplifiers. What did you do with the the 501's and the 400cx Krell? Just curious.