Krell 400Xi integrated amplifier

Category: Amplifiers

I've owned the best of ARC, Levinson, BAT, Krell, Wilson, B&W, Martin Logan, Magnepan, CJ etc...plus all the cables you can imagine (one rig was over $20k just for cables)...Ouch ~!!! Anyway, all the best recordings of classical, jazz, pop etc.. Recent events have put me in temporary quarters of the smallish variety so...I put together a small system to complement my high end tastes while in an average room. The Krell is the heart, the Totem Forests are the soul and a Sony DVP-NS999ES player does the front end duties! Cabling wound up being Monster M2.4 and M1000i's with a Harmtech AC-11 on the Sony and a Stock Krell power cord...it sounded the best!! I feel as though I have given nothing up..in fact I feel more connected to the music on so many levels that it blows me away!! Time in this game has shown me to follow your ears and not the reviewer..what a pack of sh-t they spew out on a monthly basis..practically useless!! Anyone interested in High end audio would be transported directly there for the $8000 I spent on the rig..it sacrifices nothing in the appropriate size room! It connects with the soul like few other systems at any price can...IMHO!!!
128x128dave_b

Showing 3 responses by dave_b

Those are all fine choices. I have only had the Krell with the Totem setup, but the synergy rivals my Watt/Puppy, ARC, Levinson setup...very dynamic, great extension and full of expression!! I may be forced to go HT in my new house...if you think you might go Krell, let me know..I may be selling..save you maybee $600!!
I'm kinda happy, new kid on the way and I'm gonna rock out to my old genesis collection...maybe get me some old fashioned cerwin vegas to blast as my mains..just for fun!!! Maybe get a turntable???
Sold all of it and went evo 402, 202 and 505..didn't deliver what I needed so I recently purchased ARC ref 3, HD 220 and picked up a Krell sacd std. What a great synergy..so organic and lifelike..also got Krell res 2 speakers (sold C4's).