Know a Good NYC Electrician for Dedicated Lines?

We are ready to take the plunge and install dedicated lines. I'm on the 14th floor of a 1960s Manhattan condo (174 units), so there must be all sorts of bad karma coming through the current lines. I'm hoping running dedicated from the breaker boxes will bring at least some improvement.

Can anyone recommend a good electrician in NYC that has done this work for audiophiles? Thanks.
whitecap

Showing 1 response by stickman451

I just completed an upgrade re-wire project and it most definitely made a positive difference. I had one single 12-gauge run for all my gear going all the way back to the box. Unfortunately, it had to go 70 feet all the way back to get to my main box.

Last year I bought a pair of Magnepan 20.7's which are notoriously hard to drive. So, I added two dedicated 20-amp lines for my mono block amps (very high-powered SS) using 6-gauge from the box all the way to the top on the wall to my listening room, then I connected via a junction box and pulled two nine foot runs of 10-gauge through the wall (a pain, but not impossible). 10 gauge is typically the largest wire that will fit into a wall outlet. I bought two high quality isolated ground wall outlets, one for each mono block.

The difference is easy to hear; more dynamic sound, quieter and blacker background when playing music, images are drawn more concisely, everything seems more defined and articulate, drum whacks and string plucks sound more dynamic, more real. Highly recommend this kind of project. Would recommend that you use the largest gauge wire possible, especially if the total distance is lengthy.