Klipschorn Imaging

I have a pair of 1980s klipschorn for about a year. I have not heard anything sound this large or so dynamic, but for about a couple of months I have been trying to get them to image well and I am failing.
I have Onkyo TX SR806 (I have some HDMI sources) with pre amp out to MiniWatt 2.5 watt tube amplifier.
One is in the corner flush while the other has wall only on one side (no chance of getting a wall there and false corner likely will look bad).
I have tried using Sonic Impact T amp and that did not provide any imaging either.
The room is 25 ft by 25 ft with the speakers about 10 ft apart.
Is this just the nature of the speaker or has anyone been able to achive good holographic imaging?
Thank you for your inputs.
blueacara
I may be wrong but I am under the impression that imaging, at least in terms of 3-D soundstage is not the forte of the Klipschorn largely do to their corner location requirement?

I suspect Klipschorn performance in this regard may depend on what kind of imaging one is looking for? I also suspect the room is a major factor since placement options within a room for Klipschorn is limited.

If by imaging you mean more pinpoint location of recording elements between the speakers, then ICs and other tweaks might help.
It sounds to me like your placement is the problem. I had a pair set up properly (in corners)for years a long time ago with so-so ancillaries, and the imaging was fine. I don't understand how you are setting them up. You said that your room is 25x25, but the speakers are only 10 feet apart. How can that be? I'm thinking that your problem is related to positioning. Also, you may not like the look of a false corner, but corners are mandatory with these speakers, and if you can't or don't wish to use one, you probably should consider other speakers; perhaps Cornwalls.
Well, you don't have much flexability in positioning this speaker, to get stereo "Image" its all about acoustics and placement, and maybe more importantly in this case Position. Not only are you forced to put these in your available corners, but also the distance of those corners and where your seating position is normally is where it is and thats it. Not a ton of choice, this is why I believe ultimately many take K-horns and finally put false backs on them to simulate the corners which I guess you are doing as you say they are only 10 feet apart and its a 25 foot room?

Not everybody has the problem possibly, but obviously some of them do. It has way less to do with a magic cable, or source, or tube, or amp to correct this in most cases. Probably the only way to move this "Image" electrically without physically moving the speaker is to get the right crossovers that might open up and help the speaker more and I am not saying this will correct it, might just sound better. There is no right answer on that depending on the room and type of electronics used all add up to the ultimate results.

Room tuning could help if you can do it, I suggest some diffusors or something to try and break up the sound at the reflection points, but again this could be tuff if your dead in a corner somewhere with nowhere to place devices and treat it.
Good Luck
One is in the corner flush while the other has wall only on one side (no chance of getting a wall there and false corner likely will look bad).

I suspect your main problem with imaging is a result of the room asymmetry noted in the quote.

Room treatment may help, as may experimenting with placement of the speakers or other objects in the room. Even something as simple as a coffee table in between the speakers and the listener can screw up imaging. Experimenting with the toe-in of the speakers or listening chair position may also help.

Our brain localizes sound objects in space by analyzing the differences in sound between the left and right ears. Transient arrival time is involved, as well as the relative loss of high frequency response to the ear in the "shadow", and below about 1,500 Hz, the phase differential between the left and right ears is noticeable.

If the fundamentals of speaker placement and room acoustics are not basically correct, it is very tough to make up that distance with equipment changes or tweaks.
I've had the K's, and yes imaging is a problem. They have the so called 'sweet spot' problem. So, unless you find it in the room you have, they will not image since you cannot move the K's. My solution was a center channel, a Belle and a pre-amp that had a center channel blend that fed the Belle. No longer have the K's since I lost the room for them. As others have said, they are a great speaker, but with the right room. Lastly, I fell for K, in its mono days when imaging was not an issue. Enjoy the music.