Klipsch!. The worst speaker company, EVER?

His passionate hatred for Heresy's and other Klipsch speakers made me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BELSPBZyoCI
128x128gawdbless
I believe the takeaway here is Klipsch might have it’s faults ( what doesn’t ), but they do more right, musically, than anything else at their respective price points ( to us fanboys ). And for those who understand the weaknesses, and know the secrets ( they aren’t secrets if you know where to get the information ) of how to minimize, or even eradicate, the nasties inherent in the original designs ( and I am still only talking about the 5 original Heritage models ), they are truly wonderful. Even stock, they are wonderful ( but maybe not with a Crown DC300 driving them, lol ). It is unfortunate many folks still have bad things to say about them. Still, Maggies, Vandys, Martin Logans and box type speakers will continue to have their followers and fanboys, and that, folks, is the wonderful world of audio. For a variety of listeners, there are a variety of speakers ( as well as everything else that makes up a system ). Everyone, just Enjoy the Music ! MrD.

Let me just say that there are lots of Klipsch bashers out there.  I laugh when people say that a particular piece didn't sound good.  When in fact, they are listening to the speakers, cables, amp, pre-amp, source, etc.  So if the other equipment isn't up to snuff, then, yes, the speakers will suck.  maybe.

Also, for horns, one doesn't need 250 wpc amps.  Clean, low power amps work great.

Snell Type A's took me to the audiophile level.  I still look back at my Uncle's system and remember saying wow.  Klipschhorns were at that level also.  Martin Logan's etc.

I've owned and do own Klipsch speakers and the new Forte III's with the right electronics sound pretty nice.

For one of the very few companies that is still around after all these many years, you have to give them credit.  Much like Audio Research and a few others.

There are fan boys out there that swear that the products they have are the absolute best.  For them maybe, but probably not really.

If you haven't heard it in your system, in your home, just replacing that one piece and doing an A/B comparison, you really don't know.  The second best  way is long, extensive listening in comparable environment with comparable equipment, with your favorite music.

Klipsch makes pretty decent equipment in all price ranges because in today's world, you can't survive in only the high price  range.  Also, not many people had dedicated corners that they could place Khorns in.  To me, Forte III's and above are quite nice

High end audio stores had to diversify into home theater some time ago just to survive. 

So Klipsch offers some mid fi and lower high end products.  So what?

I'm glad that company, like Audio Research, VTL, Manley, KEF, Martin Logan, Mark Levinson, Atmosphere, etc. are still around.  Keeps people working and they make great gear.

enjoy

I own Audio Research electronics (purchased used on the Gon), Focal & B&W speakers — what most would consider audiophile gear that delivers a refined, transparent window to the studio recording.  My wife and I moved into a new townhouse 1 year ago, and after considerable research/reflection, I purchased Klipsch Heresy IIIs and a Coincident Dynamo 8 wpc SET ($3500 new total cost) for a second system in a small 12x14x8 den/library for late night listening sessions.  I chose the Heresy because I wanted something that could be placed close to the wall, has limited tweeter dispersion so as to limit interaction with the room, and sounds good at low volume.  I like that these squatty fat boys won’t be knocked over by a dog or grandchild.  I am thoroughly enjoying the music in this room! Such big dynamic live sound from fairly small speakers. For the type of music I listen to, 40Hz low end extension is all that is needed. The H-IIIs don’t get much below 50 Hz, but the bass they do provide is articulate, with low distortion.  I haven’t decided whether to add a small subwoofer.  I have however decided to part with my Audio Research and Focal gear and alternatively set up a home theater , and to get a McIntosh tube preamp with tone controls for my den to help compensate for poor/bright recordings. Perhaps the Heresy’s are not audiophile speakers.  Don’t care. For this music lover, their shortcomings are far far outweighed by what they bring to this room. 
Klipsch are far from the worst, especially when your electronics are mediocre.  
Overall, it can be said that “Horn” type speakers, such as Klipsch and JBL Synthesis offer a more vibrant, lifelike presentation that imbues excitement into the listening experience.  Try to remember standing in front of the stage right before your favorite band is about to begin their concert...the thrill of waiting for that first note to be played!  The energy that is about to explode from the sound system and envelope the audience...that is what a great system should deliver and that is exactly what Klipsch, JBL etc...offer.