klipsch speakers,be honest

here's the deal,i have khorns & cornwalls,i struggled with the sound from them for what seems like a life time,i took some very sound advice from fellow ag members & it really paid off,it seems as im listening to them for the 1st time,i cant believe how good the sound is,anybody else ever been suprised by how good a pair of klipsch can sound when they are set up properly.

even if you hate klipsch speakers i can take it just dont bash them without an explaination of why you hate them,
be honest,i wont get offended.
128x128bigjoe
Are you being honest? Heh heh...By the way, my Heresy IIIs cost just under 1500 bucks shipped (list for these Capitol Editions is 2500), and I already owned the subs. I put stick-on Dynamat damping material on the mid horn due to intense peer pressure (you know who you are!). It may have made them sound better, and it gave me a weird project cutting up this gooey stuff into exact fitting pieces...little horn braces on the things with small curved surfaces...fiddly but hey...it improved my Klipsch tweak credibility by exactly 8.3%.
People have talked about putting mutes in the mid horn. I doubt that’s is better than a better crossover or improving the bass driver so that it is a longer throw driver.I get similar bass with my 1950s JBLs they are both short throw. In their day that was SOTA now it is wanting. If you want to maintain the sound that these things have you have to change your expectations. Also remember orchestral and classical music which was more dominant at that time, which made different demands on speakers.
The mid horns in Heresy IIIs are smooth and accurate as long as clean amps are driving them. The 12" woofers in these may be "short throw" only because they're designed for impact to 58hz only...my "long throw" subs add the throwiness component to the party, as long as nothing gets thrown at me.
Tatum

Klipschorns = no subwoofer need apply. If you don't agree, you've either never heard them in the right room, or never heard them at all.

My guess is the latter.

Oz
In Wolf's defense he is talking about the Heresy III.  I own the original Heresys (2 pair no less) and the bass clearly rolls off at the published 50 Hz +- 5Db. From a long time owner (since 1976) I always thought the bass could benefit from reinforcement, I can understand employing a subwoofer.
The Klipschorn however has a 20Hz bass frequency response, obviating the need for any bass reinforcement.