Klipsch LaScallas vs Klipsch Cornwalls?

I'm trying to decide on which Klipsch Speakers to choose the Cornwall or the LaScallas. Although I have a small room, I don't play my music loud. I like the efficiency of the LaScallas but the bass potential of the Cornwalls.
My room is 14' x 13'. My gear is very quiet on my Spicas and I'm hoping they will be on the Klipsch. I'm very interested in dynamics and great reproduction of guitar, drum and vocals. I listen to Jazz, Classical, RnB, Blues, Folk and Audiophile recordings. Which would you choose?
recordho
I have owned both as well. I presently own Lascalas. However I have done much work to them to get them to "disappear". (You can visit the thread Why Not Horns). Have you listened to either of these in lenght, in a room your size, with electronics of good quality ? Owning Spicas you will be getting a musical presentation that is quite different with either of these Klipsch. I find the Lascala to be more coherent between the drivers/crossover than the Cornwall, but the Cornwall does extend a bit further down in hz. Although I am an advocate of my Lascalas, how did you decide on these versus others ? Just some thoughts....
I have tried to replace my Spicas for many years but I haven't found a speaker that gives me a bit more sparkle on the top end and dynamics. The Spica TC60's are great and I'm using 2 subwoofers with them. I'm getting a very good balance but I want something more. I have a pair of Klipsch Promedia Computer speakers. There is something I like about them. I'm honestly not sure it's the speaker I will live with for a long time but I feel that's what I want to try next.
I honestly wanted a pair of Spendor Sp1/2's but they never show up here in these pages of late.
I'm not a huge bass fan and my room size does not allow me to use deep deep bass. The LaScallas may be a bit overwhelming for my room but I want the delicacy and dynamics of them. The Cornwall has the bass but may not be as good in the inner detail as the LaScallas are supposed to be.

I'm using a modified Dynaco ST 70 w sound valves input board and tweaked by Tom Tutay. And a VanAlstine Super PAS3si preamp also modified by Tom. A Arcam DV78 DVD/CD player with Scott Nixon Tube DAC, and a Systemdek IV turntable with a Rega RB600 and AT OC9MLKII on the business end. I have pretty good synergy but I want something to give me more of something that I may not be getting right now. . . .
So I'm not sure I will like the Klipsch. But I do know they sound better than the Reference Series. So that's worth a try, I think.
Getting them to disappear is important and the room size is a problem. That I know!
I've owned several pairs of vintage Klipsch Heritage speakers. They offer great bang for the buck, but to really make them sound great they can all use a bit of work in various ways. Of your two choices, LaScalas benefit greatly from a better tweeter (as is a weak link on many of the Klipsch Heritage). Dampening the metal horns with Dynamat or caulk or similar materials (or fork out for a wood horn replacement from one of two or three folks making them - a bit expensive). Internal cabinet bracing on all Klipsch speakers leaves a whole lot to be desired (only an issue for the bass driver really). I found replacing the wiring and crossover also improved things, though the older AA crossovers are pretty damn good on the Scalas. Cornwalls, as has been already mentioned, will reach lower than LaScalas. The latter drop of steeply at around 50hz. Midrange horns are extremely fast and detailed and require careful matching with amplification. A mismatch can potentially yield some pretty harsh sounding results that are a world away from what is possible with these speakers. Both LaScalas and Cornwalls are high--sensitivity speakers. A 14X13 room is on the verge of being a bit small for either, with the bass being a bigger potential problem with the Cornwalls - I've used and enjoyed LaScalas in an even smaller room, but found they were much more enjoyable in a larger space. The older vintage Heritage speakers were made from cabinet-grade plywood and used metal horns and were made entirely in the USA. The Heritage models that are still being sold by Klipsch are made from MDF, have entirely different crossovers and drivers, and are no longer made in the USA (a replacement driver for one of my speakers was made in Mexico). That's not to say they sound bad, just something to be aware of. The older ones are very easy to work on, and plenty of replacement and aftermarket parts are available for them. Go over to the Klipsch forums for more information than you'll ever need. Altec would be a fine choice as well, per JohnK.