Klipsch forte II what league are they in?

Read some good things on the net about these. Fine, but do these play in the same league as the likes of harbeth, proac and reynaud or are they just a really good, middle of the road, fun, plays loud, good bass, economical, musical, party speaker? Are they a serious audiophile speaker by comparison with the others?
catsmeow
It's more intimidating than it is hard, if you have the square cup (binding post cup) I can help walk you through it. There are other options also, Bob Crites among others makes new replacement crossovers or you can send the crossovers off to bob and have them rebuilt. if you decide to do it yourself Bob has a crossover upgrade kit with Sonicaps, he charges around $50.00 for the kit, Bob is also of help if you run into trouble while doing the rebuild. Where do you live, I could help you if you are close to the Atlanta area. I would also go to the Klipsch Forum, there is a lot of info at this site. Let me know if I can help.

Phill
I have a pair of Klipsch Forte's that are in pristine condition. I bought them back in 1986 along with a Denon Int Amp. They sound great and the cabinets are honest to goodness wood not partical board with wood veneer. They've been sitting in my living room for the past 10 years and I don't think I've used them more than a dozen times since I got my first computer. I give the walnut a good rub down with furnature oil every year or so I guess you could say they've been pampered.
I just bought A pair of Forte 1s ,Let me tell you if you listen to Massive Attack Beck etc. for $300 .00 they blow away anything in that price range. I have owned everything from Acoustat to Vandersteen including Magnepans ,Tylers Hawthorne Alon// Listen Don"t Read a review and buy advertising they sound good with all music
There are many professional musicians, including myself, who feel that horn speakers, driven by tube electronics, are the closest thing you can get to the sound of live music. High-end sound does not have to come at a high price. I have a pair of Klipsch Cornwall 2's myself, and have also heard the Belle's and the Klipschorns, which are also great. The smaller ones aren't quite as efficient, and I haven't actually heard them, but I bet they sound almost as good. I would go for it if I were you. By the way, I do like the sound of the ProAc Studio 140's, which is the only one of theirs that I have heard, but I like the horns even better.
I LOVE THE FULL RICH SOUND, BUT THEY ARE A LITTLE ON THE BRITE SIDE,I BELIEVE IT MAY BE THE HORN TYPE MID'S THAT GIVE THEM THAT PIERCING TYPE OF SOUND, ANY IDEA'S THAT MY CHANGE OF LOWER THE TONE. JAZZ