Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
Maybe a separate thread for modifying this already great speaker?

Also, for whoever is planning to undertake these “upgrades” perhaps you can make a high quality recording before and after?  There is always an element of a chef liking his own soup.  It is unavoidable.  Also, sometimes a perceived increase in detail can become fatiguing long term...  Not to mention what it does to the resale price.  For myself, I never buy anything that says it has been “modified” or “upgraded”.  
Please no flames, I just don’t want folks tuning in to this thread to feel they should stay away from these because they don’t want to upgrade it.  I have built many amps and am a V-cap fanboy but I am not considering changing one thing about this speaker.  We all have our idea of a perfect tonal balance in a speaker.  For me, this is it, as is.
The Cornwall was a very fun speaker to spend 2 1/2 months with. A great design and will really keep me engaged with horn speakers in the future. At the end of the day I missed the refinement and clarity of my audiophile ways too much. I was hoping to pull away from such shenanigans but I enjoy chase. For what it’s worth I would buy these again before other speakers I’ve owned including the O/93’s. Very fun.
I can’t seem to stray too far from Verity speakers and I’m back again. Thanks to all the members in this thread that shared great stories and advice and passions for these great speakers.
Well bjesien it sounds like you need both!
For me I always need options.  I don’t always want to hear the same speakers, amps, or sources.  My alternates to the Cornwall 4’s are Dynaudio Heritage Specials, which I also appreciate very much!  They do require different amplification.  While any amps that work on the Heritage Special’s work well with the Cornwalls, not all amps that work well with Cornwall’s, work well with Heritage Specials.
That said, the Cornwall’s are my daily drivers.
Are others also swapping in other speakers occasionally?

Very true. Getting out to hear the Fynes soon, have an interest in the Tannoy Arden, Coherent, and the new Soul looks fun too. Never a dull moment. Well, hopefully not!
Are others also swapping in other speakers occasionally?

For sure. My primary speakers for the past decade have been PMC Ib2i on customer Sound Anchors, modded with Furutech binding posts. I drive them with a couple of different high-watt Class A solid state amps, a couple of preamps, a few different phono stages. I bought the CW4 as a low-watt alternative (although they sound pretty good with high-watt Class A, too) so I can use SETs and other little amps.

Both CWs and PMCs are on Herbie’s Giant Gliders so I can easily slide either one into a nearby closet, plop in a different amp, and listen to a vastly different approach to sound with no falloff in enjoyment. Takes all of 5 minutes. I love the flexibility.