Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
I have now damped the tweeter, midhorn, and the three bass ports.  Very easy modification. 

The crossovers are next.  I have to sell something to fund the upgrade. I'd rather go in there once and do it the right way.  So, I'm going to need ~$900.  

Donsachs, do you have any opinion on adding damping to the inside of the cabinet?  It seems to be calling for it.  My concern would be that in lowering the resonance (a good thing) it might create a reflective surface for sounds to bounce around too much and change the voicing. 
jb,
Years ago in my Klipsch Epics i attached sheets of Blackhole, a multi layer anti-resonance sheet for speaker cabinets, and it improved the silence of the cabinet dramatically. I do remember reading in a couple of places that you should not put damping material on the back of the baffle. I don't know why that would be wrong, but I took the advice.
I don't know about damping the cabinets.  They may be as lively as Klipsch wanted to work with the woofer to get the sound they want.  Or not....  The easiest thing is to make whatever you are doing removeable so you can put it back to stock if you don't like the change
Having owned Cornwall IIs and Bob Crites Cornscalas I will say that the cabinet of the CW IV has very little cabinet coloration that I can discern. The older cornwalls, and from what I've read, even the CW III, all had some form of cabinet resonance. So did Bob's cornscalas, which is the number one reason I sold them even after damping the horns and upgrading the crossovers.

I hear none of that in the Cornwall IV.

Oz

Post removed