Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao

Showing 7 responses by arthur1260

Thanks, that’s way bigger than my 9x13. Testing the Heresy now, they’re very good as well!
I tried the Tannoy Cheviot in my room, bass was indeed big, but everything else was worse than both Forte IV and Heresy IV. Forte bass was quite on par with Cheviot
If I was in the USA I would ask for a good deal and probably get away with 4500+tax for Cornwall IV, however in Switzerland you pay 8k. That’s why I wanted to test them but were too big for my car. I ended up testing them in a demo room, together with Heresy, and I was amazed about how close the heresy came for less than half price. Indeed the Forte were very revealing of bad recordings and placement was difficult because of the radiator!
The new Tannoy Cheviot! I really did not enjoy them, hard to explain why. There was a lot missing in the mids and highs, wasn’t for my taste. 
@wrm57 very cool, thanks for sharing! Could you let us know which 300B are you using? I’m guessing not all 300B are equal:-)
Thanks! I was SET on the Decware SE84UFO25, but still not sure. It uses neither of those typical tubes. The Audiophiliac liked it with the CW4. The Feliks 300B seems also quite good. Hard choices:)