KLE Innovations Silver HarmonyRCA's - not silver eh?

OK - so if you have not yet seen it, there are some postings on the web that calls into question the "integrity" of KLE Innovations. Simply because it was believed that the contacts in the Silver Harmony RCA plug should have been made from solid silver.

When those posters learned that this was not the case - they got upset.

One web site has even gone so far as to post photo’s of Harmony RCA’s with the silver coating ground off to display what they believe to be just plain copper.

Theatrics? - YOU BET!

Since I have been a proponent of KLE Innovations products for many years and have posted many reviews and positive comments. I felt it was important to bring this to everyone’s attention to avoid possible misconceptions and future postings that might propagate this kind of nonsense.

Please checkout the KLE Innovations site and read the Brochure and Technical Paper at
https://kleinnovations.com/kle-innovations-klei-products/klei-harmony-plug/

I think you will find that nowhere does it state that the Silver Harmony is fabricated from "solid silver".

"Silver Harmony" is just the name given to that model of RCA, which achieves a higher level of performance than the Copper Harmony, but not as high as the Pure Harmony or Absolute Harmony models.

To quote from KLE Innovations documents:
Proprietary mathematical modeling is utilized to produce the Silver Harmony’s ground to signal pin relationship, parameters, and determines the proprietary metallurgical processes that are used.

Note the key word here "Proprietary" - this means KLE Innovations are not about to give away what metals or alloys are used, so stop pontificating and just enjoy their abilities.

What you get is a family of RCA’s that are advanced way beyond the accepted norms of current RCA designs, that are capable of extremely high levels of resolution.

If you want more proof of their abilities simply google "Silver Harmony" and take a look at the number of cable fabricators that use them.

What did grinding off the silver coating achieve? One totally useless set of RCA’s - that’s all.

Regards - Steve

williewonka
@ricevs - Hmmm - well Mr.Ric Schultz of Electronic Visionary Systems (EVS, USA) - where do I start...

They made no effort to correct anyone or reveal the truth until someone filed off the silver of one of the "pure silver" ones and saw it was copper underneath.
Actually - you are incorrect - KLEI has worked with the companies they had sold their RCA;s to in order to correct the issue. Some agreed to make changes - others continually refused ot make changes for some strange reason.

As for ....
I wonder if they asked you or even paid you to come onto this forum and try to do some "damage control"

Is this comment based on your own personal experience of me? - NO!
- KLE Innovations has never asked me or paid me to post on Audiogon or any other forum. I do it willingly to let people know about their superb products.

You will also find posts by me pertaining to products like NAIM 5i mk II, Audiomods arms, Van den Hul cables, Schiit Bifrost, Bluesound Node 2, Gershman Acoustics speakers, Simmaudio Moon, Avantgarde speakers, Pass and Seymour outlets, Furutech cables, DH Labs products - to name but a few - did they pay me also? - NO!

Casting asspersions about other peoples character without any proof to back up your staments serves no purpose - other than to show what kind of person YOU really are..

Without knowing - You are speculating - at best

You are naïve beyond Willey Wonka. he he

Once again - you do not know me.

As for...
After all, you were the first person to review the connectors for them and boosted their sales tremendously. And/or maybe you feel your own reviews/reputation were now in question because of their lies.
I stand by each review - I have no beef with KLEI - they make great products and my system has never sounde so good

I hate to repeat myself, but...

They have fixed the offending text on their site and would like to move on - I suggest we all do the same

Regards - Steve

Go back and look at your initial post - which was a preemptive, biased attempt to defend KLEI.

Apparently you "... felt it was important to bring this to everyone’s attention to avoid possible misconceptions and future postings that might propagate this kind of nonsense. ..."

There are enough facts available so that one can draw his/her own conclusion - without your slanted gloss and obfuscation.   It is abundantly clear to many what transpired.

Possible misconceptions? - C'mon man.  This is insulting.

Thank you auxinput for your comments.  The build quality on Furutech products is amazing, although I have not tried the RCAs you mentioned but I have tried the FP202 (R) banana plugs and liked them a lot.  Yes, I understand that Rhodium is not the best conductor but I agree that on the banana plugs it sounded smooth and neutral when it settled in.  But I was a bit worried that the Furutech rhodium RCAs may not be as good because the strength of the signal differs between interconnects and speaker cables.  So I was thinking best conductivity would be better for low level signal in interconnects. 
@yping  But I see original advertising through wayback machine link.  Maybe KLEI make mistake,  maybe not.  But if mistake then a very silly one.  And even if mistake then still very misleading for all customers.  Still misleading advertising even if mistake, yet no clear statement or apology from KLEI for amazing confusion. And I see sellers of KLEI plugs still confused.  But not my problem. I like the copper Harmony and I think I will try the ETI pure silver next and also the Furutech RCAs with rhodium plating.  
Sorry, I think my last post sounded too harsh when I said: "not my problem".  I mean I could do nothing to resolve the issue of bad advertising by KLEI. Sorry.