Kinki Studio EX-M1 200wpc Integrated Amplifier

Winner of the ’Blue Moon Award’ from 6Moons / Srajan Ebaen

Here is the ’summary’ last page from 6Moons:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/kinki/6.html

And the first page for those interested in the full review:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/kinki/1.html

215W (8 Ohms)  Inputs: 3 RCA  1 XLR  

Offered via Vinshine Audio in Singapore.

Currently SGD 2898 which equals ~ USD 2135.
david_ten
Post removed 
As always, the devil is in the details. When I read that they have no return policy, that's it for me. No return on something you have to buy without audition? No thanks.
I can see both sides, he says so to keep your cost down. he could have a return policy then you would have to pay shipping both ways and I am sure the price would go up as they cannot sell the return as new so guess who pays for the loss when they have to sell the unit as a open box.
see what I mean.

I was looking at one of the magico dealers and you pay for shipping plus a 25% restock fee!
It’s a shame the EX-M1 doesn’t have a preamp outputs. I’m all for simplicity, but it seems they’re excluding a sizable portion of potential integrated customers by not doing so. I wonder if it could be modified by a tech to install preamp outs?
@pts  Let Alvin know via a detailed email...can't hurt? : )  

They have the EX-P7...so what you are asking for is a logical extension of their product lineup.
I dropped Alvin a line; he said for an extra $150 they can change a pair of stereo inputs to pre-outs. That’s great news!

it might would make more sense to have a preamp input as my mastersound has so you can upgrade the pre section.
I don’t want to run only main speakers, but also some active subwoofers. So I need RCA pre-outputs.

mboldda1:
Inputs bypassing the preamp (effectively turning the EX-M1 into a power amp) aren’t a bad idea; I’m sure Alvin could do. It defeats the point of buying an integrated though. Do you not think the pre section of the EX-M1 to be high-end? The reviews so far suggest that every component used is top quality.
Pts, the line-level inputs of powered subs generally have low impedances, typically in the area of 5K to 20K.  Before proceeding down this course, it would be prudent to inquire as to what the output impedance of these pre-outs would be, and if Alvin would recommend them as being suitable for driving such low impedances.

Good luck.  Regards,
-- Al 
If your subs have speaker level inputs that would seem to be a better option than "modifying" a working design.  
Thanks for the tip, Al.

jackd:
My Rythmik L12 subs have their own internal power amp, and only accept RCA inputs. Unless I'm missing something obvious, they always have to be run directly from a preamp.

If you are using L12's you are correct that RCA input is your only option.  I am using F12's in both of my systems so I have the option to go either way. 

@ msommers

I still have Don Sach's Kootenay 120 KT88 Amp and his DS2 6SN7 Tube Pre-Amp and have no desire to move away from these, they are that good...

Wig

Another great product from a maker of great product that gets no where near the exposure that the majors do. Unless you read the reviews at 6moons, or here, and there, one has no idea of the level of performance you can get for much less coin than what the competition offers.

All the best,
Nonoise
Hello Guys,

Greetings everyone!!

I just saw the Mike Powell video where the Kinki was paired with the Magnepans, i just want to ask if the Kinki's 215 watts are real, i have a Hegel H20 amplifier (200 watts per channel) with P20 preamp and a pair of PMC Twenty5 26s and they are rated 86db, i am a bit confused here the Magnepans are 86db too and Mike could pump up the volume to its max, with my 200 watts Hegel amp i can't hardly do half the volume and it gets really really loud to the point where i can hurt the speakers and be deaf.

I am interested on the Kinki but Im afraid that it might not be that powerful to control my PMCs like the Hegel does.

Has anyone listened to Hegel amps and comment how do they stack vs the Kinki?

Regards

Miki
@mikicasellas   Reach out to Mike Powell directly. He'll be able to address your questions. I've found him to be very helpful over the phone.
Report back if you, do speak with him. Even if you don't get all of your questions / issues answered/resolved I'm sure you will have an engaging and productive conversation. He's great over the phone.
wonder if the gain on the kinki was set to low...
I agree vol @255 seems like the db level would be louder
I dont get above vol 100  & the db app loudness says I'm up in the 90's
that said I notice some streaming sources seem low & I  have to pump it up a bit but never all the way
Can REL subs be connected to this amp using the speaker terminals?  Cheers for the help
@spoutmouzert  There are a few active members / owners of this amp, who can help.

You can also post on the Kinki Studio Facebook page, where Alvin / Vinshine Audio is active with support, etc.
Can REL subs be connected to this amp using the speaker terminals? Cheers for the help

Technically, yes, you can connect the EX-M1 speaker terminals output to REL subs' high level input.

Hope this helps!
Rgds,Alvin
Vinshine Audio
Thanks for the replies, thinking of a rel t7i to go with my spatial m4 turbos.  Would be happy to hear better alternatives.  Cheers
I have used Rythmik F-12's with M3 Turbo S then M3 TM's for the past two years.  More bang for the buck and great match.