Kind of Blue SACD on a whim.

I've been listening to jazz for only about a year. I can't say that I'm a jazz fan yet but I am growing more and more fond of Kind of Blue. Last night I was looking around on eBay and saw a Kind of Blue MoFi hybrid SACD. It was $30, new, and on an impulse I bought it.

I have never bought and do not own any SACDs. (I have an Oppo player). I also know nothing about MoFi other than an association with high production quality.

Anyway, I am interested in anyone's thoughts on this SACD from a quality standpoint. According to the dynamic range database virtually all releases of Kind of Blue are superb from a DR standpoint so that should not be an issue. I did read that on some CD releases prior to 1992 the timing was off which cause slight pitch issues. I am assuming this SACD would not suffer from that issue but have no way of knowing but probably don't have the ears or familiarity with the album to know.

n80
When you start a thread with "Miles Davis" in the title, you're going to get plenty of discussion.  This has been enjoyable.

Just want to reiterate - let's always be thankful that the art of recording had been nearly perfected (at least for small combos) by the time all this great music was laid down in the 50's.  Here we are (60+ years later) marveling at what we hear.
Got the SACD today. It sounds great. DR is stellar as expected. And if it was anything but stellar this type of music would be ruined in my opinion. At moderately loud volume this SACD sounds fantastic. To me, low and marginal DR music sounds worse the higher the volume.

As mentioned I'm no jazz expert and I do not have golden ears but I'm pleased. The separation of the instruments is excellent. Coltrane's sax during several solos is pretty far to the right but I suspect that's what it would sound like if he was in the room. Davis' horn is dead center. Bass is pretty well centered and fills the room. Drums just right of center. Piano to the left. Adderley's sax is center-left.

In All Blues during Davis' quiet solo you can barely hear Cobb swishing the brushes on the snare and later just barely tapping the ride. Very cool.

Can't really compare this to anything else other than Qobuz, which I don't intend to do. No need for my purposes. I'm happy.
Correction: My reference to All Blues above should have read Flamenco Sketches.
@n80

Fantastic news.  It's always great to hear that someone is thrilled by the combination of outstanding music and amazing SQ.  Nice job on your description of the imaging as well.

I'm beating a dead horse, but this was recorded in Spring 1959 - 62 years ago.  There are so many more jaw-dropping recordings from that era, all using reel-to-reel.  Welcome to what many consider the golden age of jazz.  Again - hope you enjoy the journey, however far you go.