Kimber vs Jensen coupling caps in Cary amps

Anyone compared 0.22 mf Kimber coupling caps in Cary amps? I have purchased Jensen copperfoil/oil caps, opened my Cary SLI-50 integrated and saw yellow Kimber metallized polypropylene capacitors. Are they any good and will the Jensens be an upgrade?
transl

Showing 3 responses by reb1208

I did NOT have the change in sound that I was looking for by adding Jensen Copper bypass caps to my Cary SLP-2002. Now, a year later, got the nerve up and installed MIT RTX Polystyrene Bypass caps. After burn-in, I am quite satisfied with the increased speed/dynamics/bandwidth/resolution/neutrality. All without the added brightness that so bothered me with the Jensens.
YMMV
Bio- I purchased the MIT RTX from Michael Percy.

Audioengr- I have no doubt the teflon caps are superior. However for the value that I selected (.47uf) the price is obviously prohibitive. I am using them to bypass a 5.0 MIT PPMFX and the two together blend incredibly well. Sure I could use a smaller value V-Cap and save on the cost. But I don't care for the sound of very small bypass caps on a much larger cap. Can't imagine that the V-Cap would be any different. Surely it will be too fast for the larger cap.
I'll stick with the .47 RTX.
Transl, is anything touching the v-cap capacitor such as self stick tape or sticky putty. I have found that teflon capacitors (perhaps others) can take on the dielectric signature of something touching the outer case.