KIMBER SELECT 3038

Can anybody name alternatives to the KS 3038 speaker cable when it comes to connecting the McIntosh MC 20000 tube amp to the REVEL ULTIMA system? Is it worth the price?
Is bi-wiring necessary in that case?
I run KS interconnects in my system: KS 1130 between WADIA 27ix and REVEL LE-1 crossover/bass amp and the 1120 between the LE-1 and the MC2000.
Currently I use AUDIOQUEST Midnight speaker cable (bi-wired) and it's nice but I reckon this cable doesn't fit the components at all?
aida_w

Showing 1 response by jaiello

I have found that it is always a good practice to stay with the same material on cables. For example the interconnects you mention are all silver. The 3038 is also all silver. A perfect match. I use the KS1030 IC's with the 3038's and am in heaven. I don't bi-wire. I never heard a benefit. I have been absolutely thrilled since switching to an all silver configuration. I would guess that the 3035 and associated IC's would give you 90% of the performance of the silver without breaking the bank so to speak. You did not mention the associated components.