Kilpsch KG4s or JBL L40s?

I'm looking to try some different speakers from my Technics SB-6060's. I like them a lot but feel like I should have more than one pair to play with. I have a smaller sized room for listening. Not tiny not big. I mostly play vinyl and use a Marantz 2252b a Pioneer pl-&1 and fairly soon a Kab Technics 1200 will be coming my way.

Two sets of speakers are available locally and I wonder which set may be a better match for vinyl through a Marantz in an average sized room? Any thoughts?

The Klipsch are $250 OBO
The JBL $175 OBO
greenfuzz

Showing 2 responses by br3098

I bought a pair of KG4s for one of my daughters. They sounded very good mated to an old Luxman receiver. They sounded better after I switched her to a Golden Tube Audio SE-40. The sound improved even more significantly after I rebuilt the crossovers.

Look here: Klipsch Speakers - Crossover repair Kit Prices

Highly recommended.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that speaker placement is critical for good bass response with the KG4s (as with all Klipsch Heritage speakers). Start about 6'-7' apart and about 1' out from the back wall. They can be tiltled back a little if you are listening near field. In my experience, no rack or gear between these speakers makes a big difference.