Killer Floor Standing Speakers under $4000 for Rock?

polling all ears (subjective I suppose) but would like to hear you people who have heard fairly high end speaker that kick ass in clarity for mostly Rock/ Fusion Jazz at high volumes with killer clean power .

I currently have a :
Marantz PM-11S1 Integrated amp
SVS SB-1000 Sub
NHT 2.3 Towers
Technics SL15

Klipsch/Paradigm/Infinity/B&W/Dynaudio/PSB ???
128x128tommypenngotti

Showing 1 response by onwatershipdown

Second the mentions of Klipsch and JBL. I have L100's and I can best describe them as "danceable." Prices seem to have taken a dip in recent months. Given that so many old rock tunes from the 70s were mastered on them, they make it sound so true.

i find my Druids to be more detailed, and the JBL's to be more fun. Iove my Zu's and their offerings so really well with all kinds of amps and components. The little brother to the Druid, the Soul series with identical drivers, was a setup I heard at a show. It was running off a Peachtree Nova and MacBook, it left more of a joyous impression on me than the 60k two part Van Der Steens across the hall that were hooked up to all kinds of Audio Research components.

Of course "rocking" and "lively" are just other words for nonlinear coloration and distortion, but my brain told me what it liked.

also, Klipsch and Zu's aren't afraid of corners if the room is treated properly.