KEF vs Canton Bookshelf Speakers

I'm having to downsize my floorstanding speakers and go with a pair of bookshelf's. I'm considering the new KEF LS50 Meta's, or the Canton Vento Reference 9.2 DC. They're both about the same price ($1,500). I'm running them off of a NAD C388 with a Rega P6/Ania pro table. I listen to quite a bit of jazz and rock, but also some punk thrown in on occasion. 

Anyone have any experience with either of these speakers? I'm going to assume that I'll need a sub as well. Any other comparable bookshelf recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks in advance!
ecrotty
I have the 9.2 DC Cantons and they are great speakers.  Very neutral and a surprising amount of bass for their size and very attractive.  You might not "need" a sub, but they will definitely benefit from one.

I haven't heard the LS50, but have the Kef Reference 1 in my main system.  Not a fair comparison, but if the LS50 have some of the same characteristics, which I assume they would, you may get better soundstaging and imaging with the KEFs. 

My favorite monitors are Harbeth P3ESR.  You might not be able to push them as hard if listening loud is your thing, but to me they sound better than the Cantons and share many of the characteristics I like about the KEFs, lots of detail, great midrange, good imaging.

Back to the listening loud thing... I blew a woofer in one of the Cantons, so I wouldn't push them too hard either.
@big_greg

What are you pushing with? I've read that the KEF's can sound harsh with Class D amplification (which is what I have). I have a pair of Canton SL596's right now, and love them. Aesthetically they are just too big for the room.
For rock I’d go Cantons or theres a nice pair of Fritz Carbons at TMR that I’d recommend also.  If you don’t love the Carbons TMR would take them back I believe.

I'm running the Cantons with a Wyred 4 Sound 500 wpc class D amp. 

I have 180 wpc Rogue Audio monoblocks with the Kefs, but I'm pretty sure there's a big difference between the LS50 and Ref 1.

Probably not a lot of help.

What amp do you have? 
I'm using an NAD C388 class D amp pushing 150 wpc. It's been fine pushing the Canton's that I have now.