Kef reference 3

Any thoughts? Thinking of moving up from Vivid Oval 1.5. Like their sound but want a little bigger sound. The new Vivid speakers are too rich for me, and I can get a good buy on the reference 3. Soundstage did think they were close to the Vivid B1 Decade which is $28,000.
crwindy
That is what I am seeing as well, and I am looking at a demo for somewhat less. Room is not big enough for the reference 5.
Thanks for the heads up. 
I have the Ref 3s and so am obviously biased.  I think they’re exceptional and spent more than a year considering others at or around their price. I’d buy them again in a heartbeat over all the others auditioned.  Indeed, they’re the only component I have the I would say I’ve fully reached my destination.

If you’re buying demos, perhaps you won’t have to worry about break in as other have noted - it takes a while.  

I don’t find them to be finicky about placement as they’re fairly adjustable with the port inserts that come with them.  

I will also say they are very rewarding when you improve things upstream.  

Best,  
I should add the following to my earlier posting.  I was at a store listening to  multiple speakers and trying to figure out which I liked best.  The salesman commented that he was watching my facial expressions and body language while listening .  While  auditioning the KEFs, he said I was smiling and looked relaxed, which wasn’t happening with any of the other speakers.  I thought about this, listened some more, and decided he was right.  Ymmv.  
I have had the Reference 3s for about a month. Currently using a Primaluna Dialogue HP with KT150 tubes and a Cambridge streamer. Thinking about a one box solution. Any thoughts about the NAD M33, Naim Unity Nova or the Krell 300i? Will the Naim have enough power? Medium sized room, 14x18 feet. 
The M33 is the best of the three of those IMO.  Issue at the moment is it is slow getting them due to COVID.  The others will be available much more quickly. 
The Naim should sound great but is lower powered than the NAD I think.  
I would not pair Krell with Kef.  
You could also look at McIntosh.  They have all-in-one.  I have no idea how stable the software is.