KEF Reference 207/2s or Blade 2

I've been using KEF Reference 1s with Velodyne HGS-15s, but regret giving away my 107/2s.  Although the Ref 1s may portray more detail than the 107/2s, they seem to lack the same sense of presence as the large full-range speakers.  Two prospects are KEF Reference 207/2s and Blade 2s.  The 207/2s would match an unused 204/2C I have planned to sell.  I haven't heard either, just read Atkinson's reviews.  Any advice re 207/2s v Blade 2 would be appreciated.  

Also, I used three Parasound JC 1 monoblocks and a JC 2 preamp with the 107/2s and 204/2C, but use an Ayre VX-5 Twenty and KX-5 Twenty preamp with the Ref 1s.  Would I need to revert to the JC 1s -- haven't sold them yet -- for the 207/2s or Blade 2s?

db 
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd

Showing 2 responses by dbphd

George,

I ran the JC 1s in low-bias mode with the 107/2s, because I listen at moderate levels and the amps run very warm in high-bias mode.  I suspect I rarely approached the 10 watt Class A limit for low bias.  Given the speakers are easy to drive, might the Ayre VX-5 Twenty be adequate.  Both speakers have sensitivity ratings in the 90 dB range, whereas the Ref 1s I use now are only in the mid-80 dB range  I know from listening I don't need a center channel.  

I'm not going to have an opportunity to hear either before buying, but then I didn't hear the 107/2s before buying, and I loved their sound.

db
I like to buy at around 50% MSRP, so I'll watch for a pair of racing red Blade 2s and continue to enjoy my Reference 1s supplemented by the Velodyne HGS-15s.  I probably won't sell the JC 1s and JC 2 -- wonder how well JC 1s would pair with KX-5 Twenty or how well a JC 2 would pair with the QX-5 digital hub that's an endpoint for Roon.