KEF Ref 107 KUBE forces my power amp close.

I have bought a KEF Ref 107-1 in a very very good condition last month. Then I bought a SS power amp (Audionet Amp 1) and drive it from preamp out of my Primare I30 SS integrated amplifier. Everything was OK and also I was using KUBE without any problem. Then I decided to buy a tube preamp and problems started. When I connect whatever tube preamp then my power amp gives a strange noise and closes itself. From the signals, it says "high frequency oscillation error".

I tried many things and the only solution is NOT to connect KUBE. Without KUBE the system works flawlessly but if I connect the KUBE into the system then power amp closes itself again. I also tried many different tube preamps but the problem didn't change. As I said my SS integrated amp's pre out doesn't cause such a problem and I use both KUBE and my power amp with pleasure.

I'll greatly appreciate if you can say why KUBE might cause this error and what I should do to use KUBE without problem.

Thanks and Regards
airnotas

Showing 3 responses by airnotas

I tried the tape monitor loop and btw source & preamp but both ways failed and power amp closed.
I think, as many other people do, tube preamps sounds better and sweeter than SS preamps. That's why I insist on the tube gadget. I've found a very clean CJ premier 17 LS2 with NOS tubes and I don't want to miss it. Finally I omitted the KUBE from the pre-power chain and that's just fine.

My technician who is also a very good music lover and audiophile, offered to put a capacitor in the KUBE and claims that it will resolve the issue but I didn't prefer this way.

Thanks for all your attention for the issue.