KEF LS50W who has them?

Anybody using these speakers? Do you like them and what other components are you using. Being wireless it seems these would be the ultimate digital setup.
ontheroad20

Showing 1 response by krell303

Hi! I have LS50W for 2 months now - got them for the bedroom system. Mostly use them with Roon/Tidal.
My primary setup: Mcintosh pre C2500/MC452 power amp and MEN220 + JL Audio Fathom F112 sub. Turntable - VIP SSM with him drive, SDS speed controller and Manley Steelhead phono. DAC - Marantz NS11S1, Roon is running on Mac Mini + Synology NAS. Main speakers - Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution.

Was pretty much surprised with LS50W sound right out of box. Was listening to them since the purchase and feel like can live with KEFs as the primary setup - don't feel need for sub in the small/medium room. Even connected phone output to LS50WS analog input - very nice! Sweet, wide soundstage, detailed but absolutely not fatiquing sound - love them!

I have also regular LS50 (50 Years Anniversary edition) but wireless are in the ligue of their own.

There are two limitations though:
1. They don't play DSD filesĀ  - but Roon takes care of downconverting to 24/194 with some loss of quality though.
2. Android app is buggy