KEF LS50

Don't post often here but thought I would let you all know I stumbled on a pretty amazing performer in this little monitor.

I would say the midrange is on par with my Harbeth 40.1, treble has a tad more leading edge bite than the best soft dome but its a really good top end that never gets nasty. Dynamically they are performing way better than they should. I'm betting they would compete with the new 30.1 sonically, just a guess.

Have them running with 20X price electronics in a small office and they are not outclassed in any way. Made me want to keep throwing my best gear with them they sounded so good.

If you are in the market grab a pair, you will not regret. Saw two pair this morning for sale for around 1K, I can't think of anything in 20 years offering this much performance for 1K. You could build a world class non-full range sound around these.
petland
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare them with the Gallo Classico 3's? I bought the Gallo's before the KEF's arrived on the scene, and while the Gallo's soundstage beautifully, I find the volume has to be cranked up to pull in the midrange. Any thoughts or suggestions.
I am using Kimber 8TCs with my LS50s and love them. They replaced a set of DHLabs T-14s (which have been my back ups for eons) and are bigger and more detailed than them.
I'm about 10 hours in on a new pair of LS-50's. I needed to downsize (goodbye my beloved Acoustats) and after reading the reviews thought I would give them a try.
My electronics are a McIntosh C2200 preamp and a McIntosh MC302 power amp. Oppo 105 for CD and Rega tt.
At first as as been noted these speakers were a bit metallic and dry, but already are starting to warm up. They are a very good match with my Mac's.
I have also been experimenting with an SVS SB12-nbd sub. So far integration has been easy, and I think it enhances the listening experience.
More reporting after more burn in time!
What size and type of speaker stands would you recommend. I just bought a pair from Amazon. Will be saying adios to my Gallo Classico 3's, to be put on Audiogon.
I now have quite a few hours on the LS50's, and have also moved. (Main reason I bought them was a relocation to a smaller home). All I can say is that these are highly dependent on the room they are in. My original room was very large - probably 40x14 or so and these speakers sounded thin and a bit harsh in that room. In my new residence I am in a 12x16 room and they sound great. I am very satisfied. Using an SVS sub for the bottom and have had no integration issues.