KEF LS50... The ultimate anal-ytical speaker for living rooms?

I am looking for a VERY revealing with razor-sharp imaging type of bookshelf,  but not the cost of TOTAL loss of musicality.... In other words, not necessarily full range, but at least balanced - not something that starts to roll-off at 200hz... They would be listened to mid-field, 6-7ft away in a somewhat open space.  Could it be the ls50, or is there anything else around their price-point? Thx for suggestions...
128x128chrisr
Yessir,
I entered a sweepstakes by Essence for HiRes Audio a few months ago where I had to write a blurb about why I should win them. I guess they liked it! The swepstakes entry link was posted on FB and I was already intrigued with the Airpulse speakers. If I may ask, are you using the dedicated stands or something else? I will definitely try to post my impressions soon.
No, I don't have the dedicated stands but plan on purchasing them, for the price they seem to be a no brainer and match the speakers. I'm currently using existing stands I purchased from Parts Express many years ago. These speakers are not desktop monitors and definitely require stands
Cant really find any professional reviews for these to speak of aside from A Taiwanese group who gave them a pretty glowing review, again congrats  and do let us know what you think
The Airpule Model 1's are indeed incredibly good. They are still breaking in but the bass is some of the best I've ever heard. The imaging is great, especially in near field with some toe in. These are very very neutral sounding speakers that are very revealing like the best studio monitors, but the ribbon tweeters make them totally non-fatiguing and more fun to listen to. 
I've had a pair of Kef LS50s for almost two years and they continue to amaze me.  My listening room is quite small (11' x 12') and I'm convinced that the coincident/coaxial driver design offers a coherent sound that multi-driver speakers can not match in a near-field listening situation. As always, YMMV.
Thx for your insights, when the time comes, i'll compare both r300 and ls50 to be sure...