KEF LS50 Speaker Stands

Just bought a pair of KEF LS50s and was wondering what height speaker stands I should get. The standard approach is to get the driver at ear height. I tried several chairs that I might use and they put my ears at 43 inches from the floor. Since the LS50 driver is in the center of the front baffle that makes it about 6 inches from the bottom of the speaker. In that case I would need to buy 36 inch high speaker stands. There are very few quality speaker stands that high and the speaker stands that KEF sells specifically for the LS50 are only 24 inches high. Am I missing something? At 24 inches that would put the driver at 30 inches from the floor. You would have to be practically sitting on the floor to get your ears at 30 inches. My question is do I follow the standard rule and get 36 inch speaker stands or follow KEF and get 24 inch stands.
neo2199

I listen to my ls50 metas  at tweeter level using 36” stands.  I’m pretty tall.  Read the setup instructions on the manual. It’s not intended that you aim the tweeters directly at you.  Metas have better horizontal dispersion than originals.  You have to just experiment and see what you think sounds best.  Like any speaker setup.  

Then I have my original ls50s on very low Isoacoustics stands just a few inches off the floor.   That sounds good as well but different.  High end more rolled off.  YMMV.  

Drivers optimally a little below ear height is what I read.  I used 28" stands from Skylan.

My LS50’s sound best at ear level. Anything else and the whole soundstage is shifted up or down. However, I have found they also sound best to me with only a slight toe-in, i.e. not pointed directly at the listener.