KEF celebrates sixty years with the LS60 Wireless

This speaker is exactly what a lot of people have been asking for, a baby Blade. 

KEF celebrates sixty years with the LS60 Wireless | Darko.Audio

yyzsantabarbara

From the past concerns I think from mostly version 1 LS50W on the electronic failures I would think if KEF is confident in the quality it would be no big deal to attach a 4-5 year warranty. I don’t know what the warranty period is but I assume it’s 1 year. Would kinda suck to pay 7k and then have a boat anchor a couple years down the road. Would probably sell a lot more and work out in their favor. 

I read the warranty is two years.  

‘Can’t wait to hear these.  Between Roon and iTunes, if the sound is right I could see trading it all away to switch over.

I am seriously considering selling my Livingroom system to get this. Currently I have a 10 year old LS50 with Benchmark AHB2 amp + CODA 07x preamp + Sansui T-9900 tuner + KEF KC62 sub. I lost the DAC in this system to my office system. So I am in need of a DAC for the Livingroom.

I was thinking of getting a Blade2 Meta or Reference 1 Meta to this system (with an additional AHB2). However, the placement benefits the LS60 give me will likely make this speaker better performing in my room than the Blade or Reference 1.

Though the electronics in the LS60 will not be as good as what I have now. A tough call for me.

I wonder if the KC62 sub will work nicely with the LS60?

The fully active speaker might be better even though the internals are or “lesser” quality. I have been impressed with most good active speakers. 

the simplicity would be interesting.

I would be interested to know how the sl60 passes to KC62 sub. Does it low pass or roll off a little higher in the LS60?

I have not read the manual of the ls60 but they almost made it sound like it has a bit of EQ built in. 

I think there must be a few placement EQ modes on the LS60 app. The LS50 wireless has such modes and since everything is done digitally on the LS60, it would be easy for them to do so.