KEF Blade 2 as replacement for Reference 107/2

A former owner of KEF Reference 107/2s posted that he moved to Blades, and that it is the obvious progression. I really love the sound of my 107/2s, and John Atkinson and Tom Norton raved about them in their reviews a few decades ago, but I'm wondering if it's time to move on. I haven't heard either the Blade or Blade 2s. Anyone had the opportunity to compare 107/2s with Blade 2s? I've had a lot of opportunity to compare the sound of the 107/2s with LS50s supplemented by Velodyne HGS-10 subs. The LS50s are amazing speakers, but not quite 107/2s, especially for large orchestrations.

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd

Showing 1 response by blang11

I've never heard a KEF speaker of an earlier vintage than the last 5 years so I don't know what the Ref 107/2s sound like. I have had the chance to listen to the Blades a number of times and they're probably the second best speaker I've ever heard (second to Wilson Audio Alexx). I personally found no fault in the Blade in terms of coherence, dynamics, detail, and ease. The Blade is universally acclaimed in the audio press. Go find a place where you can listen to them and decide for yourself.