Kef 201/2 your impressions and comparisons

Been listening to these KEF 201/2 at local dealer several times. I think they sound amazing. Also love the fact that it is a 3 way design. They were played on Cayin A100T which I also have at home and the sound was detailed,snappy, and dynamic.
I know these have been around a while so was curious to hear from owners. I am assuming when you bought them you loved em. How has your impressin held up over time?
Also what's better in the range.
I have in the past few years owned Paradigm S2 v3, Usher BE 718 (still have) , Paradigm S4 v.1, Dynaudio Focus 140. I think I like the KEFs better than all of them.
mofojo

Showing 4 responses by iblieve

Stay on USHER AUDIO and try the CP-777 speakers.

Before buying my BE-10, i tried the KEF. Even if those speakers are better than B&W 800 serie or other high-end speaker, there were no contest facing the Usher...
I think you should listen to USHER CP-777 or CP-8571 if you already own USHER BE-718.
My opinion on the KEF 201/2 : i think there are not transparent speakers but more focus on the medium and bass medium on the spectrum. Many top of the line products cheat on medium frequencies to create an artificial "musical" speaker. I auditioned them on my quest to the best transparent speaker. It's not as colored as Tannoy but too warm for me. I'd rather buy a warm electronic on a neutral speaker than a neutral electronic on a warm speaker cause it's more difficult to go back on a speaker. With non-transparent speakers, it will be also difficult to optimize the system with cables cause it will be impossible to ear much differences between wires.

So try to go up the ladder on USHER AUDIO speakers and i think you're gonna change your mind. If you like a little warm on neutral, try the CP-777.
I think you should listen to USHER CP-777 or CP-8571 if you already own USHER BE-718.
My opinion on the KEF 201/2 : i think there are not transparent speakers but more focus on the medium and bass medium on the spectrum. Many top of the line products cheat on medium frequencies to create an artificial "musical" speaker. I auditioned them on my quest to the best transparent speaker. It's not as colored as Tannoy but too warm for me. I'd rather buy a warm electronic on a neutral speaker than a neutral electronic on a warm speaker cause it's more difficult to go back on a speaker. With non-transparent speakers, it will be also difficult to optimize the system with cables cause it will be impossible to ear much differences between wires.

So try to go up the ladder on USHER AUDIO speakers and i think you're gonna change your mind. If you like a little warm on neutral, try the CP-777.
@Mofojo :

I heard the KEF serie 2 with pass labs integrated amplifier and a exposure CD player. May be the electronics were too warm but when i tried those electronics on other speakers, the warmth was gone...
The USHER CP-777 is far better than the BE-718. The MINI-ONE is more neutral than the BE-718. The 718's monitor shape is probably the one to blame. The new MINI-X is more neutral. If you're able to try the CP-8571, you'll be amazed by the impact of this speaker. It shakes your guts!
Anyway i can't find the same level of precision on highs without the DMD tweeter from USHER. It's sharp and smooth at the same time. harshness it's a big issue on many other tweeter technology. I think USHER created probably the best driver ever...