KEF 107.2 with KUBE?

I'm buying a pair of KEF 107.2s without a KUBE. Some say a KUBE is not needed, but according to the installation instructions it's integral to the design. I want to have one even if I choose not to use it. Anyone have a lead on a KEF 107.2 KUBE for sale?

I'd be interested to learn what those who've heard a 107.2 with and without a KUBE have to say.

You can send me a private email if you can find it from Audiogon.

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd

Showing 1 response by jedinite24

Hi db

Contacting members is no longer an option since the Audiogon upgrade took place. I saw 2 active listings for KEF 107.2 speakers. You can ask those sellers questions about the 107/2 and the Kube equalizer.

I never saw KEF say their KUBE Equalizers were adjusted for individual speakers I only saw different KUBE EQs for various speaker models. 105/3, 104/2, 103/3 etc etc. Have you tried contacting KEF about the 107/2 and the Kube EQ for it? I've spoken to Corey Medley over at KEF customer service (GP Acoustics (US) Ltd) a couple of times regarding various KEF speakers I've owned or had questions about and they were responsive.

Also I don't see how the KEF Kube EQs would need to be re-calibrated if a re-foam or surround repair was done. Wouldn't that kind of repair return the speakers to original form so no change to the eq is warranted? I would think if you changed the original drivers to an entirely different speaker you would have to modify the Kube.

Well good luck in your search.