KEF 105/2 center speaker suggestion?

In a eclectic home theater system I am using a Denon 2809CI AVR with speakers I had collected over the years, KEF 105 Model 2's on the front, Bose 901's for the surround and the built in speaker bar for a Pioneer PDP-5070 plasma as the center. Surprisingly it has decent sound but I was wondering if anyone had experience with matching a decent center speaker to the KEF 105/2 speakers?
jeff2468

Showing 1 response by polyglot

I second the use of a pair of B110 based mid range book shelf speakers like the Cantata, Concerta, Cresta, Coda I&II, etc, put in parallel. Next in line would the more modern B200 based mid ranged speakers. If space and wife permits, best use the excellent mid/tweeter/mid section and the cross over part of a dented/cheaply bought KEF 104/2 or just plainly place the entire speaker horizontally.

I recently changed my 5.1 HT setup from Maggies/Snell Acoustics to a fully restored KEF 107(refoamed all woofers, replaced most caps in the crossovers with polypropylene caps with metal film, resoldered all on boards and connectors with Cardas silver solder and a lot of wood staining) as fronts, KEF 104/2 as center and surrounds (it took me a while to match the wood/finishing and colors of all speakers).

All that out of love for great sound and KEF nostalgia.