KEF 104/2 tweeters

Good afternoon everyone. I just picked up a pair of KEF 104/2 speakers on CL. They are fully functional and I currently have them integrated in my system (Parasound Halo preamp and Nakamichi PA-5 amp).  I am concerned about the tweeters (one is slightly dented) and the ferrofluid. I've read some DIY fluid advice and am contemplating doing the work.  However, I've also heard that these tweeters are not top quality.  I've considered replacing them all together with Morel MTD 30s buy I can't seem to find any.  I would like to find a direct fit so I don't have to retro fit anything. Not sure about other available tweeters.... Also, do you believe it's worth while to do the surrounds while I have it pulled apart. Or any other suggestions for how to rehab them?? Thank you much! 

icarus12
Hi George.  Thank you.  Yes, there is sound from the speaker in question, it's just muddled almost as if the speaker has a giant box over it when listening. 
The mid range drivers are an integral part of the enclosure and cannot be removed. You should be able to tell from looking at the front of them if there are any issues with them. 

Did the previous owner replace the foam donuts? Perhaps he connected up some wires incorrectly when putting everything back together.

I will check that tomorrow. Good idea!  I don't believe the donuts have been replaced but they appear in good shape. They arent crumbly or falling apart when I touch them. In my best estimation it doesn't seem they have been opened up at all. 
Yes, there is sound from the speaker in question,
What about from each individual driver, not just the speaker as a whole?
Put in a 3khz sine wave tone off the internet, not too loud to blow the tweeter, then put your ear to each of the 3 front drivers to hear if they are all emitting that tone.

Cheers George
Upon further inspection it seems the donuts are indeed rotten and fall apart to the touch. Ordered some new ones and ordered and received a new set of tweeters.  In the process of disassembling the speakers. For the life of me, I cannot get the bottom cover off.  Is it glued in in addition to the screws? It is FIRMLY in place and I don't really want to rip it apart trying to remove it. Has anyone else had this issue?? Thank you