KEF 104/2 tweeters

Good afternoon everyone. I just picked up a pair of KEF 104/2 speakers on CL. They are fully functional and I currently have them integrated in my system (Parasound Halo preamp and Nakamichi PA-5 amp).  I am concerned about the tweeters (one is slightly dented) and the ferrofluid. I've read some DIY fluid advice and am contemplating doing the work.  However, I've also heard that these tweeters are not top quality.  I've considered replacing them all together with Morel MTD 30s buy I can't seem to find any.  I would like to find a direct fit so I don't have to retro fit anything. Not sure about other available tweeters.... Also, do you believe it's worth while to do the surrounds while I have it pulled apart. Or any other suggestions for how to rehab them?? Thank you much! 

icarus12
I wouldn't get into the caps yet, there are a lot of them in the crossover. When you removed the front enclosure to access the tweeters, did you clean up the slip-on connecters and check if they have a good connection? If you didn't, I would check out those connectors first and make sure they aren't oxidized and they are all making a good connection. 

Also, visually are the midrange drivers all in good condition?
Thanks ljgerens. I will check the connections tomorrow (the connections for the tweeters looked very clean) and take a close look at the mids to see what kind of shape they're in. 
Pulled it apart again and all the connections look good, tight and clean.  I've read that you can't get into the mids because they aren't framed. Im not really sure how to access them. I've watched several videos of full 104/2 restorations but they don't do anything with the mids or even look at them in the videos. Am I missing something here?  Thank you again for your patience..
icarus12 OP
My right speaker is playing in a very muddy

One thing not mentioned (I assumed you did this, please say you did), are they making sounds when you put your ear to each and every driver, you could have a blown driver or xover if they aren’t making any sounds. Then no cleaning and changing of ferrofluid will help.

Cheers George
Hi George.  Thank you.  Yes, there is sound from the speaker in question, it's just muddled almost as if the speaker has a giant box over it when listening.