KEF 104.2 AMP, Pre Amp suggestions

I am not an Audiophile, just love great sound.
Building a system starting with the KEF 104.2's and need an amp and preamp, (Cdp Arcam Alpha 6) some learned suggestions to do justice to these fine speakers(to prevent the recreation of the wheel) would be most appreciative
..tc
tcraney

Showing 1 response by kevinzoe

Tcraney: I too own a pair of KEF Ref Series 104/2 and am currently evaluating my preamp+poweramp options. I'm considering buying a tube preamp (e.g. First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II, or Sonic Frontiers Line 3, or Joule LAT-150) and tube amp (either 2 monoblocks or 2 stereo amps in a vertical biamped configuration). Some suggested tube amps could include: VTL MB-185, Atma-Sphere M-60, Berning ZH-270, or Sonic Frontiers Power 2). Make sure that the ratio between the preamp's output impedance and the power amp's input impedance is at least 1:10 and maybe 1:100. For example a 500ohm preamp output impedance could match well with a 5,000 to 50,000 ohm amp input impedance. If the ratio can't be attained then it's recommended that you keep the interconnect length short.

By the way, would you share with me what you find out at Empiracle cables? Thanks.