KEF 103.2 - what to expect?

I was looking through my father's basement and discovered his old KEF 103.2 speakers gathering dust. From what I have read on the web, these are great speakers.

My current system uses an Arcam CD73 player, paired with an Exposure Super XV integrated amp, hooked up to a pair of Wharfedale Pacific Evo 8 speakers. I've spent a while developing that budget system and like it very much for listening to classic jazz.

I was thinking of using the KEFs on my "second system." I have a NAD 320BEE integrated amp laying around, along with an Exposure CD player (don't know the model, doesn't say) or a NAD 521 CD player.

3 questions:

(1) Is the NAD integrated amp powerful enough to run the KEFs? I noticed the KEFs are 8 ohm speakers, which I believe means they are harder to drive.

(2) One of the KEF speaker tweeter's looks slightly damaged. Not torn, but there is a fold/crease in the tweeter fabric. I haven't listened to them yet, but is there anything I should listen for to see if the tweeter is damaged?

(3) Anyone ever used an Exposure CD player (probably from the same time-era as the Exposure Super XV integrated amp I have)? I presume it is a step up from the entry level NAD 521 which served me well for many years.

Thanks,
David
dmloring

Showing 2 responses by esteborino

correction, just did a quick google search and the drivers are KEF not Vifa. I was misinformed.
I have a pair of these in a second system and they are wonderful. They're not perfect cosmetically but they sing beautifully. The 103.2 are an amazing set of speakers. They rival a lot of high end monitors today. I believe that the drivers were made by Vifa.