Keeping Your Krell FPB 600 On (Standby) All The Time?

Hey guys, I am extremely knew to the Krell game. Also, this is my first post here on Audiogon. Well, I just purchased my first Krell amplifier, the FPB 600. It has been recapped, so no worries there. My question lies with leaving the "rear panel breaker" (ie the standy switch) on at all times? I know it states in the manual to leave the breaker on at all times, but the tech I bought it from (Gig Harbor Audio in Washington) said he turns his Krell amp (FPB 300) ALL the way off EVERY time he is done listening. So what are you guy’s thoughts on this? Should I keep the breaker on at all times or should I turn it off? Before the FPB 600, I left my Adcom GFA 565’s on 24/7 and they stayed warmer than the krell ever does when just the breaker is turned on? Opinions, thoughts? Thanks!

Here is my system if you guys are interested. And I know the next thing for me to upgrade is my NAD 1700! lol

System(s): Infinity Kappa 9s, RS IIbs, Krell FPB 600, NAD 1700, Schiit Bifrost Multibit

Cables: Audioquest Castle Rocks, Yukons, Victorias, Coffee USB, NRG 2
bassfreak373

Showing 1 response by bassfreak373

@ct0517 @sbank  Thanks for you guy's responses. I think I will just keep the standby on, except when I leave town. Thankfully, my whole house runs on 20 amp breakers, so we're good there. I just need to get a dedicated AC line now, but that will have to wait a little bit. My next audio purchase will definitely be a preamp upgrade! :)