Keeping it Simple - An Integrated Amp for Golden Ear Triton One.R Speakers

A’gon Members!

Its time to build a new basement system, and my aim is a mid-level setup that is highly musical, and good value for money. As you can see from the previous systems in my profile, I’ve enjoyed some fun and relatively high end setups over the years. This time around I’m going for powered speakers (sub section) and an integrated amp as the foundation of the system. II’ll pull digital from my Meridian/Roon setup that feeds the rest of the house, and a VPI deck to satisfy my vinyl cravings. The basement is a relatively large space (30’ x40’) and I’m looking forward to using the tunable bass output of the Triton One.R speakers to appropriately couple with the room. The budget for the integrated is in the $5k - $8k range. So what say you A’gon members? Which integrated amps would you recommend? I’m particularly interested in comments from Triton One.R owners!

Thanks...
cbd0815

Showing 2 responses by avanti1960

Since the woofer section of the 1Rs is powered by the internal amplifier, your new amplifier will have an easy time driving two mids and a tweeter at 100Hz and up.
As such you can easily use a refined, musical, sweet sounding tube integrated and still have an extremely dynamic, large room filling full range sound.

GE and primaluna have partnered for the past few years at the AXPONA audio show doing exactly this, quite a feat for a large ball room filled with the din of a large hotel.

I liked but didn’t love the sound of the primaluna EVO 400, there are several that I would choose including the Raven Audio Osprey, Jadis Orchestra, Cary SLI80, and Triode Corp TRZ 300W.
The Japan made Triode and US made Raven Audio are my favorites of the bunch and I love their stunning, open transparency and smoothness they offer.

@georgehifi 
the OP does not need much current because the Triton woofers are actively amplified.  
he just needs to drive the midrange and tweeters at 100hz and up.  
perfect opportunity for a quality tube amp.