JVC XL-Z1050.

Just purchased this player for $25 and read lots of reviews on this player.Plays and sounds fine with only a few small scratches on top.Wondered if people preferred as is or with a outboard dac?Thank you.
john421

Showing 10 responses by john421

There isn't much information about the internal DAC that I've seen.The sound is rather smooth.
I always try to be patient and find vintage bargains.Of course it matters my last name isn't Trump either!
A Lady on Craigslist sold it to me.Had read about this player so thought I'd take a chance and hope it would be in good shape.Had it listed for $20,but after listening and seeing how good of condition it was in she asked for $25.I didn't hesitate giving her what she asked.Don't know if she didn't realize what she had or just wanted to get rid of it but I'm happy so far.
So far it has worked like a charm and sounds very good!I Know that buying used is a gamble but so far I've been lucky.I will look into those minor upgrades as well and thanks for the praise.Thats why I like posting for ideas to improve on these vintage pieces.
I agree with the power cord and isolation feet but don't want to mess with the internal works of this player and change the sound.
I'm very satisfied with it and very pleased with it's cosmetics as well!Seems well taken care of.
Emailed the Gentleman about mods for the JVC,said he no longer did mods.But I'm fine with how it sounds now.