JVC TT101 QL 10 PLINTH ISSUES

I got my JVC TT101 fully sorted out by Wllkinsons in the UK.

Unfortunately when it was sent to me the morons that are USELESS PARCEL SERVICES broke the lid and the feet.

Now I am in a conundrum.

1. Is the QL10 plinth worth keeping?
2. If worth keeping do I run it stock?
3. Do I do any mods to the plinth - if so, what?
4. what feet should you get for the turntable?

thanks

lohanimal

Showing 1 response by big_greg

I'm not familiar with that table, but have a JVC QL-Y66F.  When I first got it, the plinth was picking up all kinds of airborne vibration and I couldn't turn it up very loud without getting woofer pumping and distortion. 

If yours also has a large hollow plinth, this may be helpful.

I put a few pounds of plastic-clay inside the plinth, mostly around the edge, but also in any large empty spaces on the bottom of the board.

I found some feet here:

mnpctech.com

The ones that fit my table were the LARGE TECHNICS SL-1200MK DJ Turntable RISER ANTI-SKID Silver Aluminum Pedestal Feet

They are well made and look a lot better and seem to work much better than the springy stock feet.  I did both mods at once, so I can't say for sure which was more impactful.

Check the thready size on your table and see if they fit, if not, they have other sizes available.

Doing these things made a substantial difference in playback and sound quality.  I can play it at the loudest levels I listen at and it is currently my main table.